The Problem with Traditional At Home Testosterone Testing Kits
A lot of traditional home testosterone kits use saliva to test testosterone levels. Saliva tests are not able to measure the testosterone in your blood accurately, leading to inaccurate tests and less confidence in your results.
LetsGetChecked has bypassed saliva testing altogether with their new, accurate and affordable fingerprick blood test kit.
The LetsGetChecked kit s the best DIY home testosterone test because it:
- Uses blood samples
- Sends samples to a registered lab
In terms of accuracy, these tests are as accurate as you would have in the doctor’s office with the comfort of knowing that each test and its results are reviewed by a doctor.
How the LetsGetChecked Kit Works
LetsGetChecked requires you to use the blood lancets, included in the kit to prick your finger and add the blood sample to the vial. All of the needed equipment is provided, and it’s very easy to get started.
The steps you’ll take when receiving your kit are the following:
- Locate and fill out the lab sticker located on the inner lid of your box.
- Visit the LetsGetChecked website and activate your kit.
- Read all of the instructions carefully before trying to collect your sample.
- Wash your hands in warm water, using soap, for at least 20 seconds before collecting your blood sample.
- Decide which finger to collect the blood sample from. The middle or ring finger on your non-dominant hand is the best location for collecting blood.
- Use the alcohol swap to clean the finger and dry.
- Locate the lancet, remove the blue stick and push against the round part of your finger to prick it. The prick will hurt for a second.
- Squeeze around the prick to release blood and wipe off the first blood droplets with the accompanying tissue.
- Squeeze the finger and allow the blood to flow into the blood collection vial.
- Fill the tube to the upper line. You may have to use additional lancets, on other fingers, to collect enough blood to fill the vial adequately.
- Apply the plaster to your pricked finger(s) once the vial is filled.
- Secure the lid on the vial ensuring that it is closed tightly and that no blood seeps out of the vial.
- Place your sample in the accompanying bag and put the bag inside of your testing kit box.
- Put the box in the prepaid envelope and send out the sample as soon as possible.
You’ll want to make sure that you send out your sample as soon as possible so that the sample is still fresh and accurate. Since there’s a prepaid envelope, there’s no reason not to send out your sample the same day it’s taken.
When taking the sample, you will want to collect the sample when your body is in a fasted state. The best time to take your testosterone sample is before 8am. It must be returned on the same day for best results.
Testosterone is a steroid that is responsible more than you might initially think. This goes behind just muscle mass.
It also directly impacts your overall well-being including:
- Hair loss
- Red blood cell production
- Erection strength
Anyone can take this test, but you should definitely have your testosterone levels checked if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Chronic stress
- Take anabolic steroids
- Thyroid issues
- Kidney disease
- Live disease
Once the test is returned, you can expect to have your results in 2 to 5 days.
The results, 100% confidential, will be available on your secure account that you can access any time.
There is also a medical team of nurses that will be available 24/7 to discuss your results with you and potential treatment options if you do have low testosterone levels.
You should send the kit on Monday through Thursday, according to LetsGetChecked.
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance
LetsGetChecked is a test that should be taken when you have hormonal imbalance symptoms. A few of the many symptoms that you may have is you have a hormonal imbalance are:
- Lack of energy
- Low libido
- Low sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Bone density loss
- Blurred vision
- Overall low hormone production
- Enlarged breast tissue
Males naturally start to suffer from lower testosterone levels as they age. While some men will have high testosterone levels through their lives, most will suffer from lowering testosterone levels starting at the age of 40. Men will have 1% lower testosterone every year past 40.
Women will suffer a significant drop in testosterone once they reach menopause. If you are a female and are suffering from estrogen dominance, you might also want to check your t-levels.
If you do have any of the symptoms, are older or want to check your testosterone for other reasons, you can with the LetsGetChecked kit. You can take the test at any time, and the results will be sent to you in just a few days.
LetsGetChecked Test FAQs
How Accurate are the Tests?
LetsGetChecked test accuracy is higher than a saliva test and meets the highest quality standards. Each test is processed at a lab used by hospitals and government agencies. The laboratories are:
The testosterone test kit that you receive is manufactured in a facility with an ISO 13485 accreditation. Both the test kit and the facility that does the testing for each kit meet the industry’s highest standards.
High standards mean the highest accuracy for an at-home testosterone test kit.
Do Home Testosterone Tests Kits Maintain Patient Privacy?
Data security is important, and your sample is properly disposed of after it has been analyzed. Your privacy is important to LetsGetChecked, and the company helps protect your privacy through:
- Data anonymization
- No sharing of your information
When your information is sent to the lab, all of your information is not shared. The test is tracked to be able to alert LetsGetChecked of the result, but your personal information isn’t shared.
No third-party will receive your information.
What is Test Activation and Why Do I Need to Do It?
Every test has a unique barcode on it that you’ll need to keep your information private. You’re asked to activate the test which does two main things for you:
- Links the test to you
- Keeps your information private
The barcode is used to keep your information private. When your test is sent to the laboratory, you’re just a barcode.
Without activating the test, there’s no means of being able to link the test to you.
When is the Best Time to Collect and Submit My Sample?
Taking a sample is key to an accurate test result. If you do not take your sample early in the day, you won’t know if the sample is accurate. A general rule of thumb is to take your sample before 9am.
Once the sample is taken, you will want to submit it via the prepaid envelope that is provided in your kit immediately.
You’ll only want to collect and return your samples:
- Monday through Thursday
You’ll have the packaging and envelope to return the test sample as soon as possible. If you allow the sample to sit too long before returning it, you increase the risk of the test being accurate.
Do Medical Professionals Review My Test?
Yes. As the best DIY home testosterone test kit, you’ll be able to enjoy the following:
- Physicians that will review your order and results
- Nursing team on standby to discuss your results
If you’re found to have low testosterone or something is off with your results, the nurses on standby will be able to answer all of your questions. Nurses will also be able to discuss treatment options with you.